Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God is Creator!

September 1, 2010

I like to think of myself as a creator. One of my gifts is my creativity. I am able to look at the world differently and see it through an artistic lens. From that point of view, I am able to create.

But, creation did not begin with me. Creation began with the Creator.

God is Creator!

In Psalm 8, God is proclaimed as Creator by David. David breathes in all of nature around him and acknowledges that God is Creator.

Psalm 8
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory
above the heavens.

From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:
all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth! (NIV)

David marvels at God’s majesty all around him. He sees the moon and the stars. He sees birds and fish and mammals. Then, he poses his question.

“What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?”

The same God who created this lush forest with a refreshing waterfall...
                                                                                               ...cares for me.

The same God who formed these mountains and dusted them with snow…
                                                                                                 ...created me.

The God who carefully placed each mushroom on this tree to create a unique pattern…
                                                                        ...carefully crafted me.

The same God who thought of this interesting looking bird…
                                                                    ...knows everything about me.

The God creative enough to design this amazing creature…
                                                                     ...also gave me my creativity.

And the God who provides everything these precious birds need…
                                  …gives me more than I could ever ask or imagine.

Knowing God has created all of these majestic aspects of nature, I can imagine David's astonishment at God caring for man. After all, God is God and we are not. Yet, God chooses to come and interact with His Creation. He chooses to be involved in our lives. He chooses to bless His created ones. He marvels in His own creation. And He is glorified when His creation live lives fully pleasing to Him. God is Creator, and He created us with a purpose. And He is glorified when we live our lives on purpose for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment