Tuesday, September 28, 2010

God is Satisfying!

September 28, 2010

There is something so satisfying about drinking a cold glass of water after a long run on a hot day! That cool water just flows through your body and refreshes every part!

There is something so satisfying about cleaning the house from top to bottom and admiring the sparkling finished product! Everything just feels so good when it is clean!

There is something so satisfying about reading the final page in an excellent novel and reveling in the journey of the story! You too journeyed with the characters through their trials and joys and made it to the end!

There is something so satisfying about unpacking the very last box after moving across the country to a new city and a new home! Once the boxes are gone, it begins to feel like home!

There is something so satisfying about walking across the stage at my college graduation and turning that tassel while closing a chapter full of hard work and effort! Finally, I earned my degree!

There is something so satisfying about sharing coffee with a friend and spilling every intimate detail of your life, maybe crying, maybe laughing, maybe both! Then, you know that the friend will love you no matter what!

Satisfaction…we can find it in so many things. But, is that true satisfaction? True satisfaction lies beyond a clean house, a degree, or a good conversation. Satisfaction lies in God.

God is Satisfying!

Psalm 17
Hear, O LORD, my righteous plea;
listen to my cry.
Give ear to my prayer—
it does not rise from deceitful lips.

May my vindication come from you;
may your eyes see what is right.

Though you probe my heart and examine me at night,
though you test me, you will find nothing;
I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.

As for the deeds of men—
by the word of your lips
I have kept myself
from the ways of the violent.

My steps have held to your paths;
my feet have not slipped.

I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.

Show the wonder of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings

from the wicked who assail me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me.

They close up their callous hearts,
and their mouths speak with arrogance.

They have tracked me down, they now surround me,
with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.

They are like a lion hungry for prey,
like a great lion crouching in cover.

Rise up, O LORD, confront them, bring them down;
rescue me from the wicked by your sword.

O LORD, by your hand save me from such men,
from men of this world whose reward is in this life.
You still the hunger of those you cherish;
their sons have plenty,
and they store up wealth for their children.

And I—in righteousness I will see your face;
when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. (NIV)

David knew where he could find true satisfaction! The very last verse of this Psalm explains it all. “And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.”

Because God created us, in Him alone can we find full satisfaction. We are created in His image, and He knows exactly how to satisfy every need and every desire! If we look to Him, we will find satisfaction. Satisfaction greater than anything this world may offer. But, don’t take my word for it. Take God’s Word!

Psalm 90:14 “Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.”

Psalm 91:16 “With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Psalm 103:2-5 “Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.”

Psalm 107:8-9 “Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.”

Psalm 145:16 “You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.”

Isaiah 58:11 “The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.”

No comments:

Post a Comment