Thursday, August 12, 2010

God is King!

August 12, 2010

As a child, I had the unique opportunity of living in England for a few years. During our time in England, we traveled to many different places and countries. By far, my favorite trip was anytime we would visit a castle. And that was quite often since England’s landscape is dotted with them.

Walking through the castles sparked my imagination to what it would be like to live in a castle back in the day. After seeing the elaborate furniture and ornate paintings, I was taken with everything royal. In my heart of hearts, I dreamed of being a princess and wearing the beautiful flowing gowns.

Then, I believed it would only ever be a dream.

Until, I became the daughter of a King.

Psalm 2
Why do the nations conspire
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers gather together
against the LORD
and against his Anointed One.
"Let us break their chains," they say,
"and throw off their fetters."

The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
Then he rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
"I have installed my King
on Zion, my holy hill."

I will proclaim the decree of the LORD :

He said to me, "You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.
Ask of me,
and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.
You will rule them with an iron scepter;
you will dash them to pieces like pottery."

Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry
and you be destroyed in your way,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him. (NIV)

God is my Heavenly Father, and He is King of all kings. I am His daughter; therefore, I am a princess! My dream has come true! I am royalty!

God is King!

Throughout the ages, there have been kings and rulers who have ruled over the nations and the earth. But, no one comes close to the ultimate King—God! At the beginning of this Psalm we hear the plots of the earthly rulers and kings against the Lord. They want nothing to do with Him. They plot and strategize thinking they will win this battle and be free to rule on their own. But, they don’t realize the ultimate King just laughs at their battle plan. Just one flick of His angry finger, and He could demolish every power hungry one. No one has ever or will ever rule like the one true King!

Knowing that I am the daughter of the King gives me great pleasure yet also great responsibility. I am representing my Father, the King through my actions and my words. I must represent Him well. I must serve the King above all others. He holds the scepter, and His opinion of me is the only one that matters. As long as I obey and serve my King, I will have pleased the King as His princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment